Natuur&Milieuteam Zuid supports and advises people in Amsterdam South interested in making their neighbourhood greener and more sustainable. We are a collaboration between Wijkcentrum De Pijp and Stichting Ondernemend Opbouwwerk Zuid.
Our four neighborhood advisors know about what is happening in your neighbourhood, how things work in our municipality, and more. We can help you with questions like:
- Is there a place in my neighbourhood where I can use or develop my green thumb?
- What steps do I need to take to set up a community garden?
- Are there more people in my street that want to save energy?
- Can my landlord remove swift nests when renovating?
- How can I encourage bees in my garden or on my balcony?
- Is permission needed to cut down that tree in my street?
- Are there people in my neighborhood who can help me prune in my garden?
- Is it possible to compost in the city?
- How can I get my neighbours interested in a sidewalk garden or communal plot?
- Where can I find people who know how to fix things instead of trashing them?
- What can I do to encourage my school or sports club to generate sustainable energy or recycle?
- Where can I get advice about plants are suitable for sidewalk or tree pit gardens?
We also organise and communicate about excursions, courses and network events where you can learn, meet people and otherwise get inspired about being green and sustainable. Check out our event agenda (apologies that this is only in Dutch).
We look forward to hearing from you. You can contact your neighborhood advisor or drop by during our visiting hours (every Thursday afternoon at Gerard Doustraat 133 in Wijkcentrum De Pijp). Or give us a ring at 020-400 45 03 or mail us.